Radish and lettuce slaw with peanut-ginger dressing
This punchy slaw is a great accompaniment for fish or meat. It's quick to prepare and full of flavour.
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook8 mins
- Total time28 mins
- 50g unsalted peanuts
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 25g fresh root ginger, finely grated
- 1½ tbsp light honey
- 150g radishes, finely sliced
- ½ chinese leaf lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 salad onions, finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (or coarsely grated)
- 28g coriander, chopped
Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Spread the peanuts out on a baking tray and roast for 6-8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Cool, then roughly crush or chop.
Gradually stir the soy sauce into the peanut butter, then stir in the lime zest and juice, ginger and honey to make a dressing. Toss with the radishes, chinese leaf lettuce, salad onion, carrots and coriander. Divide the slaw between 4 plates and scatter with the peanuts.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe