Red vegetable curry
A non-meat version of the classic Thai curry. Try serving with noodles instead of rice. Works well with the green curry paste too.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 essential Waitrose Aubergine, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 350g pack Waitrose Diced Butternut & Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 x 200g pack Waitrose Trimmed Mange Tout Peas, roughly sliced at an angle
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Fish Sauce
- 50g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ x 28g pack Cooks' Ingredients Coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 x 350g tubs Waitrose Asian Thai Sticky Rice
- 1 x 60g pack Sharwood's Thai Crackers
Heat the oil in a large deep-sided frying pan and fry the aubergine, onion and butternut & sweet potato for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the mange tout, fish sauce and cashews, cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the coriander.
Heat the rice according to the pack instructions. Serve the curry with the rice and Thai crackers on the side.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe