Ribboned veg, noodles & chilli prawn salad with tahini coriander dressing
Try this as a summery alternative to stir-fry. Brown rice noodles, all those veggies, prawns and a rich tahini dressing make for a satisfying no-cook supper.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time15 mins
- PlusPreparation time 10 minutes + soaking
- 100g Thai Taste Folded Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 large Essential Courgette
- 1 large or 2 small carrots
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 180g pack Essential Raw King Prawns
- 3 clove/s garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced, to taste
For the dressing
- 1 Essential Lime, scrubbed, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Tahini
- 1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Sumac (optional)
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, roughly chopped
Put the noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water, then stir and leave to stand for 10-15 minutes, or until softened. While you wait, cut the courgette and carrots into long ribbons using a swivel vegetable peeler or mandolin. Place in a mixing bowl with the pumpkin seeds.
Mix together all the dressing ingredients with 2 tbsp water and season. Drain the noodles and add to the vegetable ribbons. Add the dressing and toss together until well coated.
Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan, add the prawns and cook for two minutes over a medium-high heat, until lightly browned and almost cooked through. Add the garlic and chilli, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until just golden and the prawns are pink and opaque. Add to the noodles and vegetables, then toss together. Serve warm or cold.
Add or substitute vegetables such as asparagus or rainbow carrots for the ribbons. Remember different colours of the same vegetable such as chard, peppers and carrots each add to the overall count. Make it veggie and use cubes of tofu instead of the prawns.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe