Smoky beef & avocado tacos
This recipe makes 6 generously filled tacos, which will happily serve 3 people for a lighter meal; use the whole avocado if liked. You could swap the beef mince for beef frying steak or even turkey mince
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 1 tbsp Essential Half Fat Mayonnaise
- 1 unwaxed lime, zest and juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- ¼ Essential Red Cabbage, core discarded and finely shredded
- ½ Essential Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 6 Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- Pinch light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp Essential Vegetable Oil
- 250g Essential 5% Fat British Beef Mince
- ½ Essential Home Ripening Avocado, destoned and sliced
Mix the mayonnaise, lime zest and juice in a large bowl. Stir in the red cabbage and red onion, then season and set aside. Meanwhile, heat the taco wraps according to pack instructions, then cover and set aside.
Mix together the cumin, paprika, garlic granules and sugar, then season. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. When very hot, add the mince and fry for 1 minute, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add the spice mix and fry for another 2-3 minutes, until any excess liquid evaporates, the beef is browned and cooked through and there is no pink meat.
Arrange the tacos on plates, top with the red cabbage and beef, then add slices of avocado. Serve with extra lime wedges to squeeze over.
To shred the red cabbage, use a sharp knife, a mandolin or pare strips using a vegetable peeler. Leftover red cabbage is great in slaws, or diced into chopped salads to serve at barbecues.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe