Spiced cauliflower & pomegranate salad
Cauliflower and chickpeas are roasted with fragrant garam masala to give this veg-packed salad a gently spiced warmth. Add a sprinkle of besan sev for extra crunch.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook35 mins
- Total time45 mins
- 375g baby new potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Essential Cauliflower, leaves reserved, the rest cut into medium florets
- 400g can Essential Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Tamarind Paste
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 large lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chaat Masala
- ½ Essential Red Onion, diced
- 125g Waitrose Pomegranate Seeds
- 25g pack coriander, leaves only
- 100g Essential Low Fat Natural Yogurt
Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7. Toss the potatoes with 11⁄2 tbsp oil, season and spread out in a large roasting tin. Roast for 5 minutes. Toss the cauliflower florets, leaves and the chickpeas with the remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil and the garam masala; season and add to the tin. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway, then leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make a sauce by mixing the tamarind paste, honey and 2 tsp water; set aside. In a very large mixing bowl, stir the lemon juice, chaat masala, red onion and 100g pomegranate seeds. Add the cooled vegetables and toss everything together, then add most of the coriander leaves.
Transfer to a large platter. Spoon over the yogurt then the tamarind sauce. Scatter with the reserved coriander leaves and remaining 25g pomegranate seeds to serve.
Chaat masala is a fragrant Indian spice mix with a tangy sourness. Sprinkle over dhals, or add a little to fruit juice for a refreshing twist.
And to drink...
Cave de Beblenheim Pinot Gris Reserve, Alsace, France (75cl), has ripe fruit aromas of pears and honey and rich smoky flavours.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe