Tomato & green bean curry with flatbreads
This fragrant, comforting curry is inspired by Sri Lankan flavours. Splashing in a little water will stop the spices burning, and help to create a delicious sauce.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time35 mins
- ½ tbsp Essential Vegetable Oil
- 1 Essential Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 15 curry leaves, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 300g Essential Cherry Tomatoes
- 40ml Essential Coconut Cream
- 300g Essential Round Beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 Crosta & Mollica Wholeblend Piadina Flatbreads or Essential Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps
Heat the oil in a large heavybased saucepan and fry the onion for 10 minutes until soft and translucent – you may need to pour in a little water if it starts to catch.
Add the garlic, curry powder and turmeric and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, splashing in a little more water if needed. Add the curry leaves and mustard seeds until the seeds start to pop.
Tip in the tomatoes and cook, covered, over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until they start to break down, then add the coconut cream and 4 tbsp water. Add the green beans, then season. Cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for a further 8-10 minutes, until the beans are tender. Heat the flatbreads or wraps according to pack instructions and serve alongside the curry.
For added protein, stir a can of drained, Essential Lentils through the curry and allow to thoroughly heat through before serving.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe