A hearty soup that packs in plenty of fibre and costs under £2 a portion when using store-cupboard ingredients you already have at home.
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 2 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 1 Essential Leek, halved and sliced
- 2 Essential Carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks Essential Celery, finely sliced
- 2 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Essential Tomato Purée
- 400g can Essential Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 28g Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 100g Essential Macaroni
- 100g baby leaf greens, trimmed and shredded
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leek, carrots, celery, garlic and a pinch of salt. Fry, stirring regularly, for 10 minutes until soft. Meanwhile, boil a kettle full of water.
Add the tomato purée and stir for 1 minute. Add the beans, stock pot (or 2 stock pots for extra flavour) and 1.75 litres just-boiled water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the pasta and simmer for 8 minutes, adding the baby leaf greens for the final 4 minutes. Top with a grinding of black pepper.
This recipe is ideal for using up bits and bobs in your storecupboard. Any canned beans or small dried pasta will work just as well.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe