Warm mushroom and kale salad
These portabella mushrooms are roasted with chilli, garlic and beechwood smoked pancetta to enhance their earthy flavour and are served with crunchy kale.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 275g pack portabella mushroom, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 red chlli, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 77g Cooks' Ingredients Beechwood Smoked Diced Pancetta
- 4 sprig/s lemon thyme
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil, or olive oil
- 150g pack pentland brig kale, stalks discarded, roughly torn
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 400g can essential lentils, drained and rinsed
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put the mushrooms in a small roasting tin, scatter over the garlic, chilli and pancetta and add 2 thyme sprigs. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil, cover with foil, then bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes until the pancetta is crisp. Discard the thyme.
Meanwhile, put the kale in a serving bowl and add the remaining oil and the lemon juice. Using your hands, massage the leaves for 3-4 minutes until soft and shiny. Stir in the lentils and roasted mushrooms and all their juices. Strip the leaves from the remaining thyme sprigs and sprinkle over; serve warm.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe