Save to your scrapbook
Roasted tuna niçoise
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 British Blacktail Medium Free Range Eggs
250g pack Waitrose 1 Diced Yellowfin Tuna
½ tbsp olive oil
270g pack cherry vine tomatoes, cut into bunches
120g pack Waitrose 1 Extra Fine Beans
6 pitted kalamata olives, halved
1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Nonpareille Capers, drained
4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
Lemon wedges, to serve
For the dressing
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Boil the eggs in
a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes until hard-boiled. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
2. Meanwhile, scatter the tuna in a small roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and toss together. Add the tomatoes and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 3 minutes. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Peel and halve the eggs.
4. Drain the beans and mix them in a small bowl with the halved olives, the capers and anchovies.
5. To serve, spoon the tuna, tomatoes, eggs, bean mix and seasoning onto a platter, drizzling with the dressing as you go. Finish with lemon wedges.
Typical values per serving:
1 of your 5 a day/low in saturated fat
This recipe was first published in May 2019.