Save to your scrapbook
Spiced smoked salmon blinis
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: 4 as a canapé
20g porridge oats
1 black cardamom pod
¼ tsp ground mace
¼-½ tsp ground white pepper
162g pack 16 cocktail blinis
4 tbsp crème fraîche
140g pack Waitrose Peat & Heather Scottish Smoked Salmon
2 tbsp chopped chives
1. Place the oats, cardamom pod, clove and ground mace into a dry non-stick frying pan. Toast the ingredients over a high heat for 2 minutes, stirring and tossing regularly.
2. Tip the toasted ingredients straight into a small food processor or pestle and mortar, and add the ground white pepper. Blitz or pound the ingredients until they are almost a powder.
3. Warm your blinis either in a dry pan, the oven or the microwave.
4. Spread a little crème fraîche onto a blini, sprinkle with a little of the spiced powder, top with a torn piece of smoked salmon and then sprinkle a little more of the powder on top. Scatter over a few chopped chives.
5. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients. Keep any remaining ground spice in an airtight container.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating