Cheesy chicken & spinach pasta bake
Topped with spinach and plenty of cheese, this bake is easy to make and sure to be a family favourite. Serve with a dressed green salad.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook50 mins
- Total time1 hr
- 2 tsp Essential Olive Oil
- 560g pack Essential British Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into bitesized pieces
- ½ x 750g bag frozen Essential Leaf Spinach, defrosted
- 250g ricotta
- 60g Waitrose Duchy Organic Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano DOP
- 2 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 500g jar Cooks' Ingredients Bechamel
- 8 Essential Lasagne Sheets, roughly snapped
- 75g grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, to serve
Heat the oil in a wide, deep, ovenproof frying or sauté pan, about 30cm. Season the chicken and cook over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes until deep golden in places, no pink meat remains and the juices run clear.
As the chicken cooks, drain the spinach in a colander, then squeeze out the water until it weighs about 175g. Chop, then mix with 175g ricotta and 25g parmesan, finely crumbled. Season to taste.
Sizzle the garlic with the chicken until fragrant, then stir in the bechamel and 25g parmesan. Swish the bottle with 200ml water to catch the leftover sauce, then stir it in. Season. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4.
Simmer the sauce gently and tuck in the lasagne shards at random. Dot the ricotta spinach over top with the mozzarella, the remaining ricotta, pine nuts and the remaining crumbled parmesan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until bubbling and golden and the pasta is tender. Grind over some black pepper to serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe