Homemade chicken burgers with avocado mayo
Buttery avocado on a lightly-spiced chicken and pancetta burger, encased in a ciabatta roll. What's not to love!
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 400g pack essential Waitrose British Chicken Breast Chunks
- 70g pack Cooks' Ingredients Diced Smoked Pancetta
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 essential Waitrose baby avocado, halved and stoned
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 Waitrose Ciabatta Rolls, split
- 50g bag Waitrose Wild Rocket
- 150g bag Waitrose Sea Salt Hand Cooked Crisps
Place the chicken in a food processor and whizz until finely minced. Add the pancetta, onion and rosemary and pulse once or twice until well mixed but not minced.
Shape the mixture into four even-sized cakes. Cook under a medium grill for 6-7 minutes each side or in a griddle or frying pan for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through with no pink meat.
Mash together the avocado and mayonnaise. Transfer the burgers to a warm plate and quickly toast the inside of the ciabatta rolls.
Pile some rocket on the base of each toasted bun and sit a burger on top. Spoon over the avocado mayonnaise and position the lid on top. Serve swiftly with a handful of crunchy crisps on the side.
Remember it is important to thoroughly wash your food processor, utensils and hands in hot soapy water after preparing and handling raw chicken.
And to drink...
Choose a glass of refreshing and great value white: Chat-en-Oeuf Blanc 2010 Pays d'Oc, South of France.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe