Honey & zaatar chicken skewers with tzatziki
Honey, zaatar, lemon and garlic make a brilliantly balanced marinade for chicken
- 2 of your 5 a day
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g Yeo Valley Organic Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Rowse Organic Squeezy Honey
- 1 tbsp zaatar, plus extra to serve
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 pack British chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 200g cucumber, coarsley grated
- 2 x 200g packs The Levantine Table 2 Handstretched Flatbreads
- 50g baby leaf salad
In a small bowl, mix ¼ tsp of the garlic with the yogurt and set aside. Place the remaining garlic in a large mixing bowl with the oil, honey, zaatar and lemon zest and juice. Add the chicken and turn in the marinade, then cook it immediately, or cover and chill for up to 4 hours. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before cooking.
When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Thread the chicken, red pepper and onion onto 4 long skewers, discarding any remaining marinade. Arrange on a large roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway, until the chicken is cooked through, the juices run clear and no pink meat remains. Add the flatbreads to the oven for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, coarsely grate the cucumber, then season and leave in a sieve over a bowl for 10 minutes. Press with a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the liquid, then stir the cucumber into the garlicky yogurt and season.
Arrange the flatbreads on plates and top with the skewers, tzatziki and salad leaves. Serve with extra lemon wedges for squeezing over.
You can replace the chicken for cubes of pork or lamb in this recipe too
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe