Hot wingz with chipotle & lime slaw
These vegan hot wingz (complete with bones made from sugarcane) are pure plant-based comfort food. Some sweet potato wedges would make a good accompaniment.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time50 mins
- 4 x 200g packs Biff’s Crispy Fried Jackfruit Wingz
- 20g Bisto Gravy Granules
- 2 tbsp sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or dark brown soft sugar)
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp Hellmann’s Chipotle Vegan Mayo, plus extra to serve
- 1 unwaxed lime, zest and juice
- ½ white cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 250g carrots, peeled and julienned, grated or shredded
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 salad onions, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7 and put a baking tray in the oven. Arrange the jackfruit on the preheated tray and bake for 26 minutes, turning halfway, then leave to rest for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the hot sauce. Place the gravy granules in a small saucepan and pour over 200ml just-boiled water. Set over a low heat and stir until combined. Add the sriracha, maple syrup (or sugar) and paprika and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
For the slaw, mix together the vegan mayo, lime zest and juice. Add the cabbage, carrots and red onion, then season and toss. Arrange the jackfruit on plates and drizzle with the sauce and more mayo, if liked, then scatter with salad onions. Serve with the slaw on the side.
Feel free to mix up the vegetables in your slaw. Use red or Savoy instead of white cabbage or add shredded cucumber, sweetcorn, or even some matchsticks of green apple.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe