Jackfruit & spinach coconut curry
This speedy vegan curry is made using jackfruit, a popular meat-free alternative that has a similar texture to pulled pork.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 vine tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 x 400g cans jackfruit, drained and roughly chopped
- 400g can reduced fat coconut milk
- ½ x 400g pack spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 x 250g packs wholegrain, red rice & quinoa
- Coriander leaves, to serve (optional)
- Chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
Place the oil into a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Mix in the tomatoes, cumin and curry powder, then add 2 tbsp water and the jackfruit.
Mix well, then stir in the coconut milk and simmer gently for 6 minutes.
Add the spinach and allow to wilt for 2-3 minutes. Serve with the rice and quinoa, cooked according to pack instructions, and garnish with coriander and chilli flakes, if using.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe