Jersey Royals and bresaola with horseradish mayo
Sweet Jersey Royals combine so well with salty bresaola in this hearty salad by Melissa Thompson. Horseradish is a classic pairing for beef and cuts through the richness of the dressing nicely, too.
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 500g Jersey Royals, halved widthways
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp nonparielle capers, chopped
- 1/4 x 20g pack chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp vinegar (cider, sherry or white wine)
- 110g Watercress, Rocket & Spinach Salad
- 10 slice/s bresaola, halved
Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water until tender (about 15 minutes), then drain. In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the capers, ½ the chives and the creamed horseradish; season. Add the potatoes and mix well.
Make a dressing by whisking together the olive oil and vinegar, then season and use to dress the salad leaves. Arrange the salad leaves, bresaola and potatoes on 4 plates. Drizzle over the extra olive oil and scatter over the remaining chives.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe