Lamb, peppers & cannellini beans with garlic mayo
Ready-made meatballs make this easy recipe quick to prepare and simple to cook. Simply-cooked broccoli, dressed with lemon juice, would make a great seasonal side
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time45 mins
- 500g pack 20 Essential Lamb Meatballs
- 2 Essential Green Peppers, deseeded, cut into small chunks
- 1 large Essential Red Onion, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans Essential Cannellini Beans
- 50g g Essential Pitted Black or Green Olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped, plus a few leaves to scatter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100g Essential Half Fat Mayonnaise
Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Heat a frying pan without adding oil, then fry the meatballs, shaking the pan frequently, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Lift out onto a plate with a slotted spoon. Add the peppers to the pan and fry for 5 minutes, then add the onion and fry for 5 minutes more.
Stir in the contents of the cans of beans (including the liquid), the olives, thyme, ½ the garlic and 100ml water. Heat through, then carefully tip into a roasting tin. Sit the meatballs on top and bake for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, beat the mayonnaise together with the remaining garlic, plenty of black pepper and 2 tbsp water. Transfer the lamb and beans to plates and serve, with the garlic mayonnaise alongside.
As an alternative to lamb meatballs, try using 4 Essential Lamb Leg Steaks instead. Fry briefly in the pan with a dash of oil, and finish as above.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe