Bring a taste of South America to the humble fried egg with kidney beans, tortillas, and a kick of chipotle.
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time15 mins
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 bunch salad onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chipotle Paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 essential Waitrose British Blacktail Eggs
- ½ x 28g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Flour tortillas, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the salad onions for 2 minutes. Stir in the chipotle paste, add the tomatoes and beans and cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
Make 4 wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each one. Cook for 2 minutes then place under a preheated grill for 2 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Sprinkle with coriander and serve with flour tortillas.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe