Prawn rice bowl
Juicy prawns cooked with tangy teriyaki sauce, ginger and crunchy stir fry veg.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time15 mins
- 300g pack brown rice & green vegetable stir fry
- 200g Waitrose 1 Red Choice Tomatoes, diced
- 4 salad onions, sliced
- 25g sushi ginger, shredded, plus 1 tbsp juice
- ½ x 28g Cooks' Ingredients Coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 220g pack Waitrose Extra Large King Prawns
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Aonori Seaweed
Heat the rice according to the pack instructions and mix in the tomatoes, salad onions, half the ginger and half the coriander.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the prawns for 2 minutes, until piping hot. Off the heat, stir in the teriyaki sauce and the sushi ginger juice and spoon on top of the rice.
Sprinkle with the remaining ginger and coriander, the toasted sesame seeds and nori before serving.
Nori sprinkles add a unique herb-like, savoury flavour to dishes. Use any leftover nori sprinkles scattered over other pasta, rice and noodle dishes.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe