Quick prawn & chilli rice
This quick and easy rice dish is light, fragrant, and packed with flavour. It's perfect if you're looking for something healthy when you're in a rush and is great with all the family.
- CourseMain meal
- Cook20 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 1 tbsp wok oil
- 1 tbsp frozen Cooks’ Ingredients Ginger
- 1 tbsp frozen Cooks’ Ingredients Garlic
- 1 tbsp frozen Cooks’ Ingredients Red Chilli
- 180g frozen essential Waitrose White Rice
- ½ x 200g pack sugar snaps, finely sliced
- 125g Tenderstem broccoli tips, cut into 4cm pieces
- ½ x 235g pack frozen essential Waitrose Raw King Prawns
- ½ pack salad onions, shredded
- ½ x 28g pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 Juice of lime
Warm a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When very hot add the oil, ginger, garlic and chilli, quickly followed by the rice. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the rice defrosts.
Add the sugar snaps and broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the prawns and half the salad onions and half the coriander. Continue to stir-fry for another 6 minutes or until the prawns are pink.
Remove from the heat and drizzle over the fish sauce and lime juice. Scatter over the remaining salad onions and coriander before serving.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe