Spiced potato, chickpea and spinach pie
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time35 mins
- 750g baby new potatoes
- 260g Essential spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 x 30g sachet Geeta's Tikka Spice Mix
- 28g pack coriander, stalks and leaves separated, both roughly chopped
- 450g large tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can Essential Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 320g plant-based soya yoghurt alternative
- 2 sheets filo pastry, halved
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, gas mark 4. Boil the kettle. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender, then drain and slice. Meanwhile, set the spinach in a colander over the sink and pour the just-boiled water over to wilt. Press as much liquid out as possible with the back of a spoon.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion and spice mix for 7-8 minutes, until soft and light golden, adding a splash of water if it starts to dry out. Stir in the coriander stalks for the final minute, then add the tomatoes, most of the coriander leaves, the spinach, chickpeas and yogurt alternative. Stir in the potatoes, season, then transfer to a deep 24cm baking dish.
Scrunch up the filo and lay it over the filling. Brush with the remaining 1 tbsp oil and bake for 10-12 minutes, until crisp and golden. Scatter over the remaining coriander and serve at once.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe