Tofu with ginger & soy tomato sauce
If you haven’t yet tried silken tofu, this recipe is packed with flavour and contrast and a great place to start.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 450g pack Classic Vine Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- Pinch caster or granulated sugar
- 250g pouch basmati rice
- 300g pack silken tofu, chilled, drained and sliced into 8 rectangles
- 1/2 x 20g pack Thai basil, leaves picked and roughly torn
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients crispy fried onions
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the tomatoes and ginger and stir fry until fragrant. Stir in the soy sauce and sugar, then turn up the heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes release some juice and start to break down to create a thick sauce.
Heat the rice according to pack instructions and divide it and the tofu between 2 plates. Spoon over the tomato sauce, scatter with the Thai basil, sesame seeds and crispy fried onions, then serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe