XO tofu & shiitake fried rice
This simple dish makes a great main in its own right. It can also be served as part of a bigger vegan fakeaway feast alongside greens fried with garlic, plus PlantLiving ‘No Duck’ Spring Rolls.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 280g The Tofoo Co. Naked Tofu, roughly broken into bitesized pieces
- 100g Cooks' Ingredients Vegan XO Style Sauce
- 2 x 250g packs cooked wholegrain rice
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine vinegar
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, leaves picked
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes until starting to soften. Add the tofu and XO sauce to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes until sizzling.
Empty the rice into the frying pan with the vinegar and stir fry until piping hot (about 5 minutes). Season, then divide between serving bowls. Scatter with the coriander and sesame seeds.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe