Save to your scrapbook
Deliciously Ella’s Banana & raisin loaf
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
5 very ripe bananas
6 heaped tbsp apple purée (see below)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder
6 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted plus extra for brushing the tin
For the apple purée (makes one large jar):
10 red apples, peeled, cored and chopped into bitesize pieces
1. To make the apple purée, place the apples in a large saucepan and add 250ml cold water. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until they’re very soft. Drain any remaining water and add the apples to a blender or a food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
2. When you’re ready to make the banana loaf, preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork or masher in a large bowl.
4. Place the oats into a food processer and whizz until they form a flour. Add to the bowl, along with all the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
5. Grease a 1 kg loaf tin with coconut oil and base line with parchment paper, then pour in the mix and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe taken from Deliciously Ella: Awesome Ingredients, Incredible Food That You And Your Body Will Love by Ella Woodward. Yellow Kite, 2015.
This recipe was first published in Fri Aug 07 15:26:30 BST 2015.