Save to your scrapbook
Garlic and herb falafel with cucumber salsa verde
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
½ x 125g pack Carr’s Table Water Garlic & Herb Biscuits
2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg
6 salad onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
1 Waitrose Cucumber Portion, halved, deseeded and thickly sliced
1 Sweet Dolce Verde Romaine Lettuce, leaves torn
1. Break the biscuits into a food processor and whizz to make crumbs. Add the chickpeas and blitz again until finely blended. Add the egg, salad onions, carrot and paprika and pulse again.
2. Divide the mixture into 12 then shape firmly into even-sized cakes.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the falafel in 2 batches for 2–3 minutes on each side until heated through and golden.
4. Meanwhile, stir together the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, the lemon zest and juice, parsley and capers and toss with the cucumber slices.
5. Arrange the lettuce on 4 plates and spoon over the cucumber salsa verde. Top with the falafel and serve.
Typical values per serving:
13.5g protein, 8.9g fibre
This recipe was first published in June 2013.