Save to your scrapbook
Maris piper chips & dips
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the chips
800g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
Oil for deep frying
For the lemon garlic mayonnaise
2 Waitrose British Blacktail Large Egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
300ml olive oil
For the barbecue sauce
100g tomato ketchup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp sweet smoked paprika
1. Cut the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then cut the slices into 1cm chips. Rinse in cold water for 10 minutes then drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer to 130ºC, and cook the chips in 2 batches for 5 minutes each. Drain on kitchen paper then chill. They will keep like this for a few hours.
3. To make the mayonnaise, whisk the yolks, lemon juice, mustard and garlic with a dash of the oil in a food processor until pale. Gradually add the remaining oil in a constant thin stream with the motor running until you have a thickened mayonnaise. Season to taste.
4. Mix the barbecue sauce ingredients together and chill until required.
5. Heat the oil for deep frying to 190ºC and fry all the chips for 5-6 minutes until golden. Drain on kitchen paper, season and serve with the dips.
Cook’s tip: Try dusting the chips in sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and paprika.
Eggs: recipes containing raw or semi-cooked eggs are not suitable for pregnant women, elderly people, or those with weak immune systems.
Typical values per serving:
Per serving (including 1 tbsp mayonnaise and 1 tbsp barbecue sauce)