Save to your scrapbook
Smoked chicken salad with lemon herb dressing
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
4 slices Parma ham (find on the deli counter)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 whole clove garlic
½ Romaine Lettuce Dolce Verde Sweet
1 small avocado, sliced
2 x155g packs Rannoch Smoked Chicken with Rosemary, Juniper & Parsley, sliced
2 anchovy fillets
1 clove garlic
50g half fat mayonnaise50ml half fat soured cream
25g pack flat leaf parsley
20g pack tarragon
Juice of 1 lemon
½ x 25g pack chives
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Place the Parma ham on a grill and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until crispy then remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil with the butter in a frying pan, add the garlic clove and breadcrumbs and fry until golden and crisp (about 2–3 minutes). Season then set aside with the crispy Parma.
3. To make the dressing: smash the anchovies with the garlic in a pestle and mortar then tip into a small bowl food processor. Add the mayonnaise, soured cream, 50ml cold water, parsley, tarragon and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth and green, stir in half the chopped chives and season with cracked black pepper.
4. Tear the lettuce and arrange on 2 plates with the avocado, crispy Parma and sliced chicken.
5. Drizzle generously with the dressing, scatter over the crunchy crumbs and remaining chives then serve.
Typical values per serving:
52g protein, 4.6g fibre
This recipe was first published in July 2013.
Average user rating