Air fryer twice-baked potatoes with kale, ham & goat’s cheese
Forget switching on the oven for fluffy, crisp-skinned baked potatoes, and save time and energy by using your air fryer. Maximise its use by cooking the broccoli in the air fryer too – it’ll be just tender with crisp edges in 4-5 minutes, turning halfway through.
For tips on cooking safely with your air fryer, go to the method tab.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook50 mins
- Total time1 hr
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pack thick cut cavolo nero
- 1 clove/s small garlic, crushed
- 1/2 x 180g Cooks’ Ingredients Smoked Ham Batons
- 75g soft goat's cheese
- 4 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 200g Bellaverde sweet stem broccoli, trimmed
Turn the air fryer to 190ºC and make sure the grate is inserted in the base of the bowl. Rub the potatoes with ½ tbsp oil and season. Make a small slit in the top of each potato and put them on top of the grate. Cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp, golden brown and tender in the centre when tested with a knife.
Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and, in a large bowl, use your hands to scrunch the cavolo nero with the remaining ½ tbsp oil and the garlic; season. Tip into the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes, stirring halfway, until just beginning to crisp at the edges.
Set half the cavolo nero aside and tip the remainder back into the large bowl. Cut the top off each potato and carefully scoop the flesh into the bowl, leaving a border of about 1cm. Add the flesh from the ‘lids’ too, then discard the skins from the tops. Add the ham, goat’s cheese and salad onions, roughly mashing the mixture with a fork. Spoon the filling into the skins and cook in the air fryer for a final 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until tender or cook in the air fryer (see intro). Once the potatoes are cooked, transfer them to warm serving plates and return the reserved cavolo nero to the air fryer for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Toss with the broccoli and serve alongside the stuffed potatoes.
Customer safety tips
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions and advice for specific foods
- Pre-heat the air fryer to the correct temperature
- If cooking different foods together, be aware that they may require different times and temperatures
- Spread food evenly – do not overcrowd pan/chamber
- Turn food midway through cooking
- Check food is piping/steaming hot and cooked all the way through
- Aim for golden colouring – do not overcook
- Use a food thermometer/probe to check temperature: more details here
- Check out the FSA webpage for further advice: www.food.gov.uk
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe