Black sesame tofu burgers with avocado & sriracha
These vegetarian burgers use breaded and fried in panko breadcrumbs. They are served with radishes, crushed avocado, spicy siriacha and fresh coriander.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook4 mins
- Total time24 mins
- 280g The Tofoo Co. Naked Tofu, drained
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Juice of lime
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 40g Cooks’ Ingredients Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Black Sesame Seeds
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp olive oil, for shallow frying
- 1 Perfectly Ripe Extra Large Avocado, skinned and stoned
- 4 tiger rolls, halved and lightly toasted
- 4 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Sriracha or other chilli sauce
- 28g pack coriander, leaves roughly chopped
Cut the tofu into 4 equal slices and pat dry with kitchen paper. Place the onion and radishes in a small bowl with a pinch of salt, stir in the lime juice, set aside.
Mix the mayonnaise with a splash of cold water until smooth. Combine the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a shallow bowl and spread the cornflour over a small plate. Dust one of the tofu slices in cornflour, then brush all over with mayonnaise. Turn the tofu in the breadcrumb mix, pressing down gently for an even coating. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining tofu slices.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Cook the tofu slices over a medium heat for 2 minutes on each side until crisp, golden and completely warmed through. Set aside on kitchen paper to drain.
Lightly crush the avocado with a fork, then spoon onto the base of the toasted rolls. Top each with crispy tofu and a drizzle of sriracha, then spoon over the radish salad. Scatter with coriander, add the roll lids and serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe