Chicken, chorizo & bean pasta
This hearty pasta, with diced chorizo for a beautiful smokey flavour, is packed with cannellini beans, peas and chicken to make for a perfect mid-week meal.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 300g Waitrose Love Life Wholewheat Penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 120g Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Diced Chorizo
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, to serve
Cook the pasta in boiling water for 11-13 minutes until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, and fry the chicken and chorizo for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans and peas, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat. Season.
Toss the chicken mix into the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe