Easy mushroom & coconut ramen
Ramen paste is perfect for adding a burst of savouriness to quick and easy Asian broths, soups and noodles.
- VeganVegetarianSource of fibre2 of your 5 a day
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 2 tsp Essential Vegetable Oil
- 1 Essential Leek, thinly sliced
- 200g Essential Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tsp Marigold Vegan Stock Bouillon
- 25g coconut cream, from a block, chopped
- 50g Cooks’ Ingredients Ramen Paste
- 275g pack fresh lentil protein noodles
- 60g frozen Essential Garden Peas
- 1/4 x 25g pack coriander, chopped
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the leek and mushrooms for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the bouillon powder, coconut cream, ramen paste and 500ml water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the noodles, peas and ½ the coriander and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until piping hot. Check for seasoning, then ladle into shallow bowls and serve, scattered with the remaining coriander.
Lentil noodles are particularly suited to anyone on a vegan diet as they contain a little more protein per portion than our regular egg noodles, without the egg. If you have any other noodles in the store cupboard, use them instead, cooking them briefly in water first before adding to the saucepan.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe