Garlic & hoisin-braised tofu, udon and pak choi
This quick and filling vegan stir fry from Elly Curshen is ready in 20 minutes.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 salad onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts separated)
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 clove/s garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- 225g pack The Tofoo Co. Extra Firm Smoked Tofu, drained and pressed dry in a clean tea towel
- 150g Amoy Straight to Wok Udon Thick Noodles
- 235g pack pak choi, sliced widthways into 2cm ribbons
For the sauce
- 1½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Hoisin Sauce
Get everything ready before you start, as it comes together quickly. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl with 75ml freshly boiled water and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok (or deep frying pan) over a high heat. Add the whites of the salad onions, ginger, garlic and chilli paste and cook until the fragrance is released, being careful not to let it catch. Using your hands, crumble the tofu into the pan. You may need to tear any larger pieces.
Stir it all together then stir fry for 4 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to mix in any crusty bits. Add the noodles to the pan, gently separating them with your fingers, and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the sauce, mix, then add the sliced pak choi and stir to mix well.
Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the pak choi is wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened. Serve immediately, topped with the remaining salad onions.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe