Grilled halloumi with zingy strawberry salsa
Sound unusual? Try it, and see how the juicy sweetness of strawberries contrasts perfectly with salty charred cheese.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 150g Essential Cherry Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100g Waitrose Strawberries, chopped
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 250g pack Essential Cypriot Halloumi
- 1 tsp Essential Clear Honey
- Salad leaves and crusty bread, to serve (optional)
For the strawberry salsa, whisk together the oil, vinegar and cumin in a bowl and season lightly. Add the tomatoes, strawberries, onion and parsley, then stir together.
Heat a griddle or frying pan over a medium heat (or grill/barbecue). Cut the halloumi into 0.5cm slices and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden and charred.
Arrange the halloumi on a platter, drizzle over the honey, then spoon over the salsa. Serve with salad leaves and crusty bread, if liked.
This fruity salsa also goes well with grilled fish or chicken. Try serving it as part of your barbecue spread.
And to drink...
The Ned Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand (75cl), is a delicious wine with bursts of lemon and lime, and a hint of guava.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe