Juicy baked chicken with peppers & artichokes
A wonderfully simple self-saucing chicken dinner – adding the liquid towards the end of cooking results in a deliciously rich sauce to dunk the potatoes in
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook40 mins
- Total time50 mins
- 1 bunch Essential Salad Onions, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 Essential Mixed Peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 100g Essential Artichokes In Water (drained weight), sliced
- 3 tsp Essential Olive Oil
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 380g 2 Essential British Chicken Breast Fillets
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200g Essential Charlotte Potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- ½ 25g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. In a large roasting tin combine the salad onions, peppers, artichokes, 2 tsp oil, paprika, nigella seeds and chicken. Spread into a roughly even layer, drizzle the chicken with the remaining 1 tsp oil, then season everything well.
Roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until everything is turning golden and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. Remove the chicken and keep warm under a tent of foil. Add the wine and 100ml water to the tray, then return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and return them to the pan. Roughly crush the potatoes and stir in the parsley, then serve topped with the chicken, in thick slices, with the vegetables and pan juices.
If you don’t want to drink it, any leftover wine can be frozen and used for another recipe. Try freezing it in ice-cube trays for easy-to-use portions , straight from frozen.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe