Pappardelle with fennel & sausage ragu
Rich and delicious. This simple pasta dish is bursting with flavour and is destined to be a family favourite.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 sprig/s rosemary, leaves removed, finely chopped
- 450g pack Waitrose Gourmet Pork Sausagemeat
- 680g jar essential Waitrose Passata
- 250g pappardelle pasta or tagliatelle
- 4 tbsp fresh Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in the garlic, fennel seeds and rosemary and cook for a further minute.
Add the sausagemeat to the onion and gently cook for 1-2 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Add the passata and season. Simmer for 10-15 minutes without the lid, until thickened.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pappardelle for 4 minutes until tender. Drain the pasta reserving a ladleful of water and return the pasta to the pan.
Ladle the sauce into the pan with the pasta and reserved pasta water and gently toss everything together. Serve piled into bowls sprinkled with Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh basil.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe