Sockeye salmon, asparagus & new potato traybake
A simple traybake that packs in healthy omega-3 fatty acids and two of your five a day.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time35 mins
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 300g new potatoes (ruby gem work well), halved or quartered if large
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and cut into 1cm rounds
- 4 sprig/s lemon thyme (optional)
- 230g pack asparagus, ends trimmed
- 220g pack No.1 Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Fillets 2s
- 4 tbsp Gordons Mustard & Dill Sauce
- ½ lemon, wedges, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Add 1 tbsp oil to a large roasting tin and preheat in the oven.
Add the potatoes to the tin, turn them in the hot oil, then season and roast for 12 minutes. Stir in the leeks and lemon thyme (if using) and roast for 5 minutes more.
Stir the asparagus into the potatoes and leeks with 2 tbsp water, then nestle in the salmon fillets. Drizzle over the remaining ½ tbsp oil and season everything. Roast for a final 10 minutes until the asparagus is just tender, and the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the mustard and dill sauce and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
It’s peak British asparagus season in May.
You can replace it with Tenderstem broccoli at other times of the year.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe