Spelt, courgette & rocket risotto
This vegetarian risotto is the perfect dinner recipe. It's packed with goodness and plenty of flavour. What's more is that it's 2 of your 5 a day, low in fat and a perfect batch cook recipe!
- CourseMain meal
- Cook30 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Onion, chopped
- 1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Red Pepper, diced
- 150g Sharpham Park Organic Pearled Spelt
- 1 KallØ Organic Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Courgette, coarsely grated
- 60g Waitrose Duchy Organic Wild Rocket
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes. Add the pepper and spelt, and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Mix the stock cube with 400ml boiling water and gradually add to the spelt a bit at a time and cook gently, covered until the liquid is nearly all absorbed – about 15 minutes.
Stir in the courgette and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spelt is tender. Season and stir in the rocket until just wilted.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe