Strawberry, feta & red onion salad
Sweet, juicy strawberries work brilliantly in this savoury salad from Melissa Thompson, particularly when paired with salty cheeses such as feta. Together they create a wonderful contrast of flavour, colour and texture.
- Prepare20 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 200g feta, cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 600g strawberries, stalks removed and halved lengthways
- ⅓ x 25g pack mint, leaves finely chopped
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley finely chopped
In a bowl, mix together 1 tbsp olive oil, the lemon zest, ½ the lemon juice and the black pepper. Add the feta and stir to coat.
Rinse the red onion in a little water, then drain. Mix the remaining 2 tbsp oil and remaining lemon juice together in a bowl with the mustard; season. Put the strawberries, drained red onion and herbs in a bowl and stir through the dressing. Arrange on a serving plate and scatter over the marinated feta, gently giving it a mix without breaking up the cheese. Spoon over any remaining feta marinade and serve immediately.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe