Sweet potato, spinach & green bean salad with cashew dressing
This hearty vegan salad is incredibly versatile and can be made with whatever vegetables are in the fridge. Try the sauce over roasted roots or a mix of mediterranean vegetables, tossed through pasta or alongside a veggie barbecue.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook12 mins
- Total time27 mins
- 250g Essential Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g Essential Round Beans, trimmed and halved
- 40g Essential Roasted & Salted Cashew Nuts
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/4 x 25g pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 Essential Lime, juice (about 1 tbsp)
- 50ml Oatly Creamy Oat single cream alternative
- 1 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 100g The Tofoo Co Naked Tofu Extra Firm
- 1 tsp Cooks' Ingredients Chaat Masala
Halve the potatoes lengthways and thinly slice. Cook in boiling water for 3 minutes. Lift from the pan with a slotted spoon, then transfer to kitchen paper and leave to drain. Add the beans to the water, then boil for 2 minutes and drain. Chop 15g of the cashews. Scatter the spinach and beans onto serving plates.
Put the remaining cashews in a small processor or blender and add the coriander, chutney, lime juice and cream alternative. Blend until completely smooth and the consistency of double cream. Add a dash of water if too thick. Season.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes for 5 minutes, or until tender and turning golden. Coarsely crumble in the tofu, sprinkle with the chaat masala and cook gently, stirring for 2 minutes. Divide between the plates, scatter with the chopped nuts and spoon over the dressing to serve.
Use up the rest of the cream alternative to make vegan sauces, drinks or desserts by freezing in an ice cube tray and adding to cooking when needed.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe