Vegan chick’n & plant-based bacon pie
Dive through the crisp filo, into vegan pie heaven. Enjoy with new potatoes dressed with plant-based butter alternative, and seasonal veg or a salad.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook35 mins
- Total time55 mins
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp extra to brush
- 400g pack trimmed leeks, sliced
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 75g La Vie Smoked Plant-Based Bacon Lardons
- 1 Oxo Vegetable Stock Cube, mixed with 600ml boiling water
- 2 x 160g packs Heura Chick’n Pieces Mediterranean
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 20g pack tarragon, leaves finely chopped
- 270g 3 sheets filo pastry
Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over a medium heat and add the leeks. Fry, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes until soft and a little coloured.
Stir in the flour to coat the leeks. Fry, stirring for 2 minutes, then add the lardons and turn the heat up. Add the stock in a few additions, stirring all the time and allowing the liquid to thicken up in between, to form a thick sauce that easily coats the back of a spoon.
Stir in the chick’n pieces, lemon juice, mustard and tarragon, then season. Transfer to a pie dish, scrunch the filo sheets over the top and brush with 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden and crisp. Rest the pie for 5 minutes out of the oven, then serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe