Zingy avocado & tahini noodles
A wonderfully punchy vegan salad. Up the protein by adding diced tofu and edamame beans.
Shop ingredients here
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 200g pack soba noodles
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 160g Essential Cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 Waitrose Perfectly Ripe Avocado, sliced
- Cooks' Ingredients Shichimi Togarashi (or black sesame seeds), to serve
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 unwaxed lime, zest and juice, plus extra wedges to serve (optional)
- 2 tsp vegan 'fish' sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the soba noodles and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain in a sieve, rinse with cool water, then toss with the sesame oil to prevent sticking. Divide between 2 plates.
Mix all the dressing ingredients with 2-4 tbsp water, stirring until you have a smooth dressing (about the consistency of double cream).
Spoon a little dressing over the noodles; top with the cucumber and avocado. Spoon over the remaining dressing, then scatter with a little shichimi togarashi. Serve with lime wedges, if liked.
Leftovers Shichimi togarashi: This Japanese spice blend contains cayenne pepper, dried orange peel, sesame seeds and ground ginger. It’s brilliant for pepping up noodles, plain rice or boiled eggs.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe