Save to your scrapbook
Lindt Excellence & tahini brownies
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
100g bar Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa, broken into squares
150g really soft butter, plus extra for greasing
300g dark brown muscovado sugar
100g Cooks’ Ingredients Tahini
3 British Blacktail Large Free Range Eggs
25g cocoa powder
135g plain flour
2 tbsp salted peanuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease the base and sides of a 20cm square, loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water; remove the bowl from the pan and cool slightly. Meanwhile, whisk together the butter and sugar in a bowl for a few minutes to combine.
3. In a smaller bowl, use a fork to whisk together the tahini and eggs. Add this to the butter and sugar, along with the melted chocolate,
and whisk again.
4. Sift in the cocoa powder and flour, and mix together. Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top.
5. Bake the brownies for 35 minutes. Cool in the tin, then remove and
peel off the base paper. Using a large sharp knife, slice the brownie into 16 squares.
Chef’s tipChocolate needs to be melted gently (see step 2), so don’t let the simmering water touch the bottom of the bowl. Remove the bowl just as the last chunks are melting and let the residual heat finish the job.
This recipe was first published in Tue Oct 16 10:46:00 BST 2018.