Save to your scrapbook
Chicken tikka filo pie
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Sunflower oil spray
1 pack essential Waitrose 3 mixed peppers, deseeded, thinly sliced
2 onions, thinly sliced
400g pack essential Waitrose British chicken breast chunks
3 tbsp Patak’s tikka masala paste
150ml chicken stock, hot
2 tbsp cornflour
500g low-fat natural yogurt (don’t use 0% fat yogurt, which will curdle)
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
200g Jus Rol filo sheets (about 5 sheets)
300g broccoli or peas, steamed, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Heat a little spray oil in a large sauté pan, add the peppers and onions, and fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the tikka paste and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the stock, then return the peppers and onions to the pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little water to make a smooth paste and then stir into the yogurt. Add this mixture to the pan, along with the coriander. Stir well and warm through for 1-2 minutes.
4. Spoon the tikka mixture into a 1-litre serving dish. Cut each filo sheet into 4 long strips, spray with a little spray oil and scrunch up. Place on top of the chicken tikka filling.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbling hot. Serve with steamed broccoli or peas.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in January 2013.
Average user rating