Save to your scrapbook
Peaches with cheesecake cream
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
These peaches are cooked on the barbecue or griddle and served with an indulgent cheesecake cream.
200g golden caster sugar
2 vanilla pods, split lengthways
Zest 2 lemons, removed with a peeler
1 pot Greek basil
170ml pot double cream
300g soft cheese
200g icing sugar, sifted
8 Waitrose Perfectly Ripe Regal'in Yellow Peaches, halved and stones removed
100g Waitrose Seriously Delicate Earl Grey and Lemon Shortbread biscuits, crushed
1. Place the caster sugar in a small pan with 1 of the split vanilla pods, the lemon zest strips, 6 basil stalks and 100ml cold water. Simmer over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and you have a thin syrup. Set aside to cool, then remove and discard the lemon zest and basil.
2. In a bowl, whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks, then gently beat in the soft cheese until combined. Stir in the seeds of the remaining vanilla pod and 50g of the sifted icing sugar. Chill in the fridge.
3. Scatter the remaining icing sugar over the raspberries, leave to macerate for 10 minutes then press through a sieve into a bowl. Discard the pulp and pips and place the raspberry pureé in the fridge.
4. Preheat the barbecue or griddle to medium. Brush the peaches with the cooled vanilla syrup, place cut-side down on the barbecue or griddle and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until bar-marked and tender.
5. Place 2 peach halves on each plate and drizzle with a little more syrup. Place a scoop of the cream mixture next to the peaches, drizzle with the raspberry sauce and scatter with the biscuit crumbs and a few Greek basil leaves.
Typical values per serving:
3.7g fibre / 5.2g protein
This recipe was first published in July 2014.
Average user rating