Save to your scrapbook
Pistachio, lemon & rose drizzle cake with rose cream
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
175g butter, softened
175g caster sugar
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
3 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
200g self-raising flour
2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Rose Petals, plus extra to garnish
50g pistachio nuts, chopped, plus extra to garnish
FOR THE LEMON DRIZZLE
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Rose Petals
½ tsp rose water
FOR THE ROSE CREAM
500ml tub crème fraîche
3 tbsp clear honey
1 tsp rose water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 900g loaf tin.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Mix together the flour and rose petals. Reserve 1 tbsp chopped pistachios and add the rest to the flour, then stir into the creamed mixture. Add the lemon juice and gently mix to combine.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. While the cake is baking, make the drizzle. Heat the lemon juice, sugar, rose petals, rose water and remaining pistachios until the sugar has dissolved, then allow to cool slightly.
6. Prick the hot cake with a skewer and pour the lemon drizzle over. Allow the cake to cool in the tin before removing. Garnish with
the remaining lemon zest, extra chopped pistachios and a scattering of rose petals.
7. Whisk the crème fraîche with the honey and rose water until thickened, and serve with the cake.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue Dec 15 09:51:00 GMT 2015.