Save to your scrapbook
Superfood energy balls 3 ways
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
100g cashew nuts
100g pitted dates, roughly chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
MOCHA BALLS (1)
1 tsp ground coffee
1 tsp cocoa powder
GREEN MINT BALLS (2)
¼ tsp matcha green tea
2 drops peppermint natural extract
GOJI AND COCOA BALLS (3)
1 tbsp goji berries, finely chopped
1 tbsp cocoa nibs, finely chopped
1. Put the cashews in a food processor and whizz to a breadcrumb-like texture. Add the dates and a pinch of salt and whizz again until the texture is smooth.
2. Add the vegetable oil together with 1 tsp cold water and whizz until the mixture holds together. Divide between 3 bowls.
3. Add the ingredients for the green mint balls to the fi rst bowl. Mix together by hand until a uniform colour (under a minute); roll into 5 even-sized balls.
4. Next add the ingredients for the mocha balls to the second bowl. Mix as before until a uniform dark brown, then roll into 5 even-sized balls.
5. Roll the last portion of mixture into 5 balls. Put the goji berries and cocoa nibs into another bowl, add the balls and roll to coat. These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipe first appeared in Waitrose & Partners Health, New Year 2019 issue.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in January 2019.