Chilli noodle soup recipe
This fragrangt soup, packed with vegetables and fresh flavours, is a great way to use up any leftover cooked turkey from Christmas Day!
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 750ml chicken or turkey stock
- 3 cm fresh root ginger, sliced
- 1 star anise
- 2 red chillies, sliced in half
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 200g cooked turkey (or cooked chicken breast) torn into pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 100g Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 300g essential Waitrose Rice Noodles, cooked
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 2 tbsp roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 x 28g fresh coriander, leaves only
- Cooks’ Ingredients Chilli Sauce
Pour the stock into a pan, add the ginger, star anise, red chillies and garlic, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the ginger, star anise, chillies and garlic, and discard. Add the turkey meat to the stock with the carrot and shredded Brussels and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Divide the noodles between 2 bowls, spoon over the hot flavoured stock, vegetables and turkey. Top with a squeeze of lime, the chopped peanuts, coriander leaves and a little chilli sauce.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe