Chocolate, coffee & hazelnut pots
Dessert should always elicit a gasp of delight, and this recipe by Harriet Mansell does just that.
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time20 mins
- Plusstanding + chilling
- 150g organic dark chocolate (70%), finely chopped
- 220ml Waitrose Duchy Organic Double Cream
- 3 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 2 tsp Little's Rich Hazlenut Flavour Infused Instant Coffee, stirred into 2 tsp boiling water
- 150g Waitrose Duchy Organic Soft Cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 75g blanched hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp salted caramel sauce (optional)
Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a small pan, heat the cream just until it boils, then pour it over the chocolate and stand for 2 minutes. Mix until smooth; add a pinch of salt and the coffee liqueur, then mix again. Divide between 4 small serving glasses or ramekins. Loosely cover and chill for at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours).
In another bowl, mix together the instant coffee mixture, soft cheese, icing sugar and 50g hazelnuts until combined, then spoon the mixture over the set chocolate. Drizzle with a little salted caramel sauce (if using) and the remaining hazelnuts.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe