Crispy tofu salad & ranch-style dressing
Think tofu is boring? This is the dish that will change your mind.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 280g pack The Tofoo Co. Sriracha Tofu, cubed
- ½ tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 2 x 300g pouches Chickpeas, Spinach & Quinoa
- 1 Essential Red Pepper, roughly chopped
- 200g Essential Radishes, roughly chopped
- 250g pack Essential Cherry Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 pack Essential Little Gem Lettuce, leaves roughly chopped
- 50g vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 x 25g pack chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp nonpareille capers, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6, and line 1 large (or 2 medium) baking trays with parchment. Put the tofu cubes in a bowl with the oil, cornflour and a pinch of salt; mix together until well combined. Spread out on the tray(s) in one layer; bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the tofu cubes halfway, until crisp all over.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp water. Season with black pepper and add a splash more water if it looks too thick.
When the tofu is almost ready, heat the chickpea pouches according to pack instructions, then mix with the remaining ingredients on a large platter. Season, then top with the tofu and dressing.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe