Griddled Salmon Fillets with Spicy Lentils
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook35 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1 organic onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Waitrose Organic Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Waitrose Organic Ground Coriander
- 300ml organic vegetable stock
- 200g dried Waitrose Wholesome Organic Green Lentils, rinsed
- 4 150g skin-on organic Scottish salmon fillets, from the fish service counter
- 150g Yeo Valley Organic Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- ½ 20g pack organic fresh mint, chopped
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in the stock, bring to the boil then add the lentils. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender and the stock has been absorbed. Add a little more stock if necessary. Season to taste.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying or griddle pan. Place the salmon fillets skin-side down in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until the skin is crisp. Turn over, season with black pepper and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the flesh is opaque and just beginning to flake.
Spoon the lentils onto 4 plates and place the salmon on top. Serve with a spoonful of yogurt mixed with the chopped mint and lightly seasoned with black pepper.
The lentils would also make a great accompaniment to organic chicken breasts.
And to drink...
A crisp, white wine with gentle citrus flavours, that will be a good match for this dish.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe